Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
2 or 3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 tsp of baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of sugar (or 3/4 cup if you have a sweet tooth)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or essence)
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Grease a 4×8-inch loaf pan with butter.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork.
4. Mix the melted butter in with the bananas.
5. Add the baking soda, salt, and sugar and mix well.
6. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
7. Add the flour and mix again.
8. Add in any optional extras such as chocolate chips, raisins or chopped nuts.
9. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
10. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Tip: Use a skewer to check when it’s ready. Poke it into the middle of the loaf, if it comes out dry it’s ready. If it comes out with batter on it, you need to bake for a bit longer.
Thanks to Elise Bauer at SimplyRecipes for this amazing Banana Bread!
Store your banana bread in a bread tin, airtight container or in a gorgeous beeswax wrap. I use an extra-large honey wrap. It looks great sitting on the kitchen counter and keeps the banana bread moist for days!