All orders dispatched within 1-2 business days from Auckland, NZ.
Flat rate shipping of $7.90 (plus $2 rural surcharge) or FREE SHIPPING when you spend over $120.
Love Luna Period Underwear - Full Brief
You deserve to feel comfortable during your periods.
These full briefs from Love Luna are perfect for wearing at night, for new mums, for those with a heavier flow and for women who just like big pants!
The full briefs have been designed with comfort in mind. They are made from soft cotton and have a high waist band.
Colour: Black Absorbency: Up to 20ml
*** Please check the size chart before purchasing. We CANNOT offer exchanges or refunds on period underwear due to hygiene reasons. If you're unsure of the size/style you need. We recommend buying one pair to try first and then coming back for more.
How Do Love Luna Full Briefs Work?
What makes this period underwear so magic is its super comfortable pad, that has been built into what looks and feels like a usual pair of every day undies!
1. Soft cotton lining - This is the layer of fabric that sits right against your skin. Love Luna have chosen to use a soft and natural fabric for this layer to ensure that you get the best comfort possible.
2. Absorbent pad - This layer absorbs your menstrual blood, drawing it away from your skin and holding it there until rinsed away. In the full brief this pad is longer than the ones built into the Midi or Bikini briefs. This makes this style of period underwear the best choice for heavier flows or for wearing at night when you might leak out the back of a regular sized pad.
3. Waterproof layer - This layer sits between the absorbent pad and the outer cotton of the period underwear. It ensures that you don't leak through the outer fabric ensuring that you stay confident and leak free!
4. Outer cotton lining - This is the layer that makes up the entire pair of briefs. From the outside, they look like a normal pair of underwear. Made from soft cotton, these full briefs are super comfortable.
Can I Wear Period Underwear All Day?
The honest answer is, it depends. If you have a light flow that day, then yes, absolutely. If you have a heavier flow then no, you're going to want to change your period underwear more often. Why?...
Period underwear does have a more absorbent pad than disposables, but it's still a pad with a limit to how much it can hold. The full brief can hold up to 15-20ml which is about the same as3-4 regular tampons. Sounds a lot right? That should last all day, but also consider this...
Inside your body, your period blood is sterile and clean. (That's why you can wear menstrual cups for up to 12 hours at a time.) But the moment it leaves your body environmental bacteria (which is everywhere and totally normal,) starts to make your period blood smell. After a few hours, it can get too smelly, and so for that reason alone, you'll want to pop on a clean pair, as you would if you were wearing a disposable pad that wasn't quite full yet.
Love Luna Full Brief Product Features
Made from soft cotton
Soft and breathable
3mm gusset thickness
High waisted full brief
Great for wearing overnight
Great for heavier flows
How To Wash Period Underwear?
If you're new to reusable period underwear then this is probably the part that you're less sure of. But let me put your mind at ease, washing them is quite literally as easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Rinse - Either when you take them off, or just before you pop them into the washing machine, rinse off as much of your menstrual blood as you can. Use cold water, as heat will make your blood stain.
2. Wash - Pop them into your washing machine on a cold cycle with your other clothes or towels. You will have rinsed off most of your blood so there's no need to seperate them into their own cycle.
3. Dry - Hang your period underwear to dry, in the sun if you can.
Please note: Do NOT; use fabric softener, tumble dry, bleach, soak, iron or dry clean. These could damage and shorten the life span of your Love Luna Full Briefs and you want to keep them for as long as you can right?
Love Luna Full Brief Size Guide
If you are unsure of what size you need, then I recommend using the size guide below to make the best choice, but then purchasing just one pair of Love Luna full briefs to try out.
Note: Due to hygiene reasons, we are unable to offer exchanges or refunds for whatever reason.
Then once you know what size is perfect for you, you can come back and stock up on your reusables to ensure you have enough to enjoy waste free periods month after month.
What is the difference between the Love Luna Styles?
Bikini Brief- Looks like every day underwear. Pretty with a cute lace trim. The bikini style has the lowest waist line.
Midi Brief - Great for teens, work-outs, or those wanting a little more bum coverage. The Midi style has a slightly lower leg cut, covering your bum a little more and a slightly higher waist line than the bikini briefs.
Full Brief -Great for heavier periods, overnight protection or for women who like to cover their belly. The stylegives you a higher waist band, extra absorbency and unlike the other two styles has an outer layer made from cotton.
Please wash your period undies before you wear them for the first time.