All orders dispatched within 1-2 business days from Auckland, NZ.
Flat rate shipping of $7.90 ($12.90 for Rural) or FREE SHIPPING when you spend over $120.
Love Luna Period Underwear - Midi Brief
With these black Love Luna Midi Briefs, you can save plastic and money from being thrown away every time you get your period.
Reusable period underwear are the latest period product on the market and they are becoming more and more popular. They are super comfortable, easy to clean and feel so much better to wear compared to disposables pads.
Love Luna's Midi Brief are great for active living, sports, teens or for women who simply want a little bit more bum coverage.
They can be worn on their own during your period, as a menstrual cup back up, for LBL or even for everyday wear.
Colour: Black Absorbency: Up to 15mls
*** Please check the size chart before purchasing. We CANNOT offer exchanges or refunds on period underwear due to hygiene reasons. If you're unsure of the size/style you need. We recommend buying one pair to try first and then coming back for more.
How Do Love Luna Period Underwear Work?
Period underwear is a fairly new concept but as all great inventions, they are a really simple product. Why didn't anyone think of them sooner?!
Quite simply, they are a pair of underwear, but with a built in absorbent pad.
That means they're reusable, saving you from throwing away countless single use plastic pads, AND they're comfortable, imagine no longer having to pull plastic pads from out between your bum cheeks,
Each pair of Love Luna Midi Briefs is able to absorb about 10-15ml of blood, that's about the same as 2-3 tampons. Within the gusset area, there are four layers, each with its own important role.
1. Soft Cotton Layer - Love Luna have specifically chosen cotton for this layer because it is natural, breathable and soft. This is the part that sits right against your skin, so comfort was of upmost importance when this fabric was chosen.
2. Absorbent Pad - This is the layer that soaks up your period blood and holding onto it until you rinse it away. It acts just like a sponge.
3. Waterproof Layer - To prevent any leakage a waterproof layer has been added to ensure you have the leak free confidence you deserve.
4. Outer Layer - For the Midi brief this layer is made from nylon. It is lightweight and stretchy, perfect for comfort and active living.
Love Luna Midi Brief Product Features
Absorbent (2-3 tampons)
Lightweight and Comfortable
Lower leg cut
3mm gusset thickness
Great for active living
Perfect for teens & tweens
How Do You Wash Period Underwear?
Thinking about washing your period blood may seem a bit daunting at first, but it really isn't. Washing your reusable period underwear is quite simply as easy as 1, 2, 3.
1. Rinse - Rinse off any blood or discharge until the water runs clear. Use cold water as any heat sets blood stains onto fabrics.
2. Machine Wash - Nothing fancy, no seperate loads, just throw them in with a normal load and wash no hotter than 30°C.
3. Line Dry - In the sun if you can, because it is a wonderful natural resource to use.
Please note: Do not use softener, tumble dry, bleach, soak, iron or dry clean. These could damage and shorten the life span of your Love Luna's.
Love Luna Midi Brief Size Guide
If you are unsure of what size you need, I recommend you purchase just one pair of Love Luna midi briefs. Once you've tried them on and you're happy, you can then pop back to stock up ready for your next period.
Please note: period underwear can not be refunded or exchanged due to hygiene reasons.
What is the difference between the Love Luna Styles?
Bikini Brief - The bikini briefs Look like every day underwear. They are the prettiest of the three styles with the cute lace trim.
Midi Brief - The midi style has slightly more fabric to it than the bikini style. Covering more of your bum and belly. The midi is great for teens, work-outs, or those wanting a little more coverage.
Full Brief- The full brief style are all about comfort and have a high waist line. They're great for heavier periods or for overnight protection as the pad is longer than in the two other styles.
Please wash your period undies before you wear them for the first time.